Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Evolution of a Garden Gnome

I'd been wanting a Garden Gnome for the farm but couldn't bring myself to pay twenty bucks or more for a new one. Also, all the gnomes I saw were either ugly or way too big for our petite-farmagery.

Finally, one day at Value Village, this little guy spotted me and tried to worm his way into my heart.

He actually looks really sweet in this "before picture" but I assure you, he wasn't that cute in real life - at least not to my eyeballs. This is just good lighting.

I was going to walk on by without a second glance but he was a smooth operator: telling me all about how his small stature worked to his advantage; how he was functional, not simply decorative (coming with his own little pot and all); how he could change for the right woman; and how he thought we had relationship-potential together... so, having been sufficiently wooed, I picked him up (or he picked me up?) and I took him home.

Really, how could I resist his come-hither demeanor?


True to his word, his was OK with a little bit of change. I was going to give him a bright red hat but he said that was "going too far". He said, "Baby steps Baby... slow down Baby... maybe sometime down the road... Baby." (See? I told you he was smooth!)


So far our acquaintance has proven very fertile. We drilled a hole in his pot and we're growing some chives. I think we're going to be very happy together.


1 comment:

  1. I've heard of knights in white satin who woo fair maidens but gnomes???never

    ReplyDelete