Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Varmint!

Apparently setting up a mini-farm (or a "farmagery" as I like to call it when I'm feeling French-ish) on your balcony qualifies you as an official part of "nature". The concrete space you are used to sharing with only one person and two cats may become home to many other creatures. You might as well put out small, wildlife-sized welcome mats.

It appears that the chipmunk-friend I blogged about earlier has taken up residence here. Just before I snapped these pictures I spotted him burying something in the beans! He proceeded to investigate every other pot on the porch to see if they were suitable for burying things in.

I had to apologize to the cats after this because I'd previously accused them of digging in the Spearmint. My bad. Sorry cats.






4 comments:

  1. These are delightful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Maybe I will move into your ecosystem for some down time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you check the beans to see what he was burying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. L-A: I checked the beans but couldn't find anything. BUT 5 days later I found something (see my most recent post!)

    Anonymous: If I knew who you were, I might say "yes" to that.

    T.: Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete