Tuesday, June 15, 2010

farm update

The livestock are doing their usual thing: being lazy and cute.

I scored the wooden shoes at a thrift store for 3 bucks! I thought about planting something in them but instead I plant my feet in them while I eat breakfast - because the concrete is still cold in the morning.


Everything has gotten BIG. It's becoming a jungle out there. The tomatoes have little flowers - Yay! The peppers have some aphids - Drat!



Rainbow Swiss Chard - all the stems are different colours.



The Towering Peas.


In the foreground, store-bought Cilantro. In the background, homegrown-from-seed Cilantro. I'm trying to show it how it's supposed to look. Such a straggler! Get a job Cilantro!!



The next picture is NOT on the balcony! This is the deer that has taken up residence at Husband's parents' farmhouse. This is through glass on a gloomy day this past weekend.


I also hung out with some old farmers on the weekend. It was Husband's Dad's 40th class reunion from Agricultural College. Below is a choice cut from their class picture.

I'm not sure if J. Posthumus or "Puttin'-on-D. Ritz" were there but I did spot Creed (C. Reed).



That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment