Monday, May 31, 2010

Chipmunk Visitor

Here is a Facebook status I just posted which is relevant to this blog:

OMG!!!! A FREAKIN' CHIPMUNK JUST WALKED RIGHT INTO THE OPEN DOOR FROM MY BALCONY AND STARED ME DOWN FOR SEVERAL SECONDS!!!! (my desk chair is right beside the door)

Seriously! It sat right there on the threshold of the door and looked straight up at me with it's cute but beady little eyes! I did not swear at it, as I did in a previous Guelph-rodent-in-the-house situation.

(Those who know me well have heard my famous-Guelph-monster-squirrel-wake-up-call story and will understand that this extremely recent Guelph-chipmunk situation is fairly traumatic for me!!)

Now, my first question is, will chipmunks eat anything in my garden? Because I've already caught my cats eating lettuce and bean leaves - I swear they are as bad as deer! I did NOT think I was going to have a wild-life problem up here on the 4th floor!

My second question is, if the chipmunks have noticed us, can the hummingbirds be far behind? Is my drippy hummingbird feeder worth the annoyance of having sticky sugar-water-drops all over the railing?

I leave you with a haunting image depicting the true nature of the squirrel population in these parts...

No comments:

Post a Comment