Wednesday, April 28, 2010

only the strong will survive...

I have heard and read about the need to "harden off" seedlings, gradually getting them used to their future homes out-of-doors. I've been attempting to do this with my pale-leggy-seedlings but today I didn't realize how blustery it with out there. When I looked out at the seedlings after a couple of hours almost all had been violently knocked over by the wind. My poor, soft, broken stemmed plants. I fear the worst. The tomatoes and cucumbers are looking poorly. I think only a few will survive.

Argh!

Here's a sunny picture of the view from the balcony to cheer us up...


Hold on. Lookee here... you're beautiful. That's why I come up here. Look at you... You don't even blink do you? Nature!! Goulet!! ... you always cheer me up... That's why I come up here... *

The farm may fail but I'm learning some things and that's the point right?


* (For those reading who didn't watch SNL in the Ferrell years, here's a link. The magic starts at 2 minutes and 30 seconds roughly...)

No comments:

Post a Comment