Sunday, August 1, 2010

pictures, for lack of much to say...

Still here, still growing...

Besides some minor "editing" of the garden (removing the old and rearranging the others, beating back the wilds and regaining some living space), there's not a lot to tell of these in-between days.

Just waiting for things to ripen and already planning how I will do things differently next year...

In the meantime...

A pickle is worth a thousand words:


Various green tomatoes:


The Sunrise Rose plant has bloomed again! Huzzah!


The earliest and ultra-est of the UltraGirl variety stands out in a profusion of green:


I remember having something like this around the house when I was small. I loved the fine mist it made and carried it around as a personal-cooling-device in the summer. I had to buy one when I saw them reduced by 50% at Chapters of all places (do they even sell books anymore?).

I'm not sure what plants need misting but once that's demystified, you can call me Ms. Misty:


The first yella-bellied Yellow Plum:


And the first of the Cherry Tomatoes:


These Dalias were $2 on the side of the road in Mennonite country:


The Spearmint has finally started to get somewhere. I think because I put a guard dog on patrol:


These tomatoes look OK from up top but turn them over and they're a sloppy mess. So sad.


But these ones are ready for eating (and in fact
were eaten shortly after this was taken... our first tomatoes):


Trying to show what the garden looks like from inside looking out. Hard to tell from this but it's a lovely little retreat out there (now that it has been "edited"):


No comments:

Post a Comment